Université Sorbonne Paris Nord has three doctoral schools.
Subject areas: human and social sciences, law, economics and public health
Subject areas: hard sciences and health, medicine, human biology and chemistry
Subject areas: Drugs, toxicology, chemistry, imaging. This doctoral school has been associated with Paris Descartes since January 2014.
The doctoral schools are headed by a director and assisted by an administrative office and a manager.
Their purpose is as follows:
• To train and guide PhD students
• To offer PhD students a scientific framework for their work
• To offer training courses that are useful to their research project and career plan
• To prepare and support PhD students with entry into employment
• To manage the recruitment process for PhD employment contracts