Thanks to the university’s catering facilities, students of all backgrounds have the possibility of dining out once a day.
• Les Vergers student cafeteria (11:30 am to 2 pm)
• Rapid’RU/Les Vergers (10 am to 3 pm)
• Café Expo (8 am to 5:30 pm and Saturdays 8 am to 3 pm)
• Forum Express (self-service) (10 am to 4 pm)
• Cafétéria Galilée (8:15 am to 4:30 pm)
• L’allée verte student cafeteria (11:30 am to 2 pm)
• Cafeteria of the Saint-Denis Technical Institute (8:30 am to 3 pm)
• Le Pont de Pierre student cafeteria (11:30 am to 2 pm)
• Le Pont de Pierre (11:30 am to 2:30 pm)
• Cafétéria de l’Illustration (8 am to 8 pm)
www.lokaviz.fr is an on-line platform for student accommodation authorized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and the CROUS that centralizes all offers of accommodation for students.
There are various accommodation solutions.
CROUS residence halls
The CROUS de Créteil manages a number of student residence halls around the campuses of Université Sorbonne Paris Nord.
Regardless of the nature of your situation, you must submit your application for accommodation between January 15 and April 30 prior to the start of the academic year. Applications for accommodation are made at the same time as applications for grants via theDossier Social de l’Etudiant (Application for Student Needs). To request accommodation, you must fill in your Dossier Social Étudianteven if you are not applying for a grant.
Obtaining accommodation is not automatic and depends on the number of available places. Given the difficulty of obtaining accommodation from the university, we advise that you also apply to other organizations. To learn more about the conditions of the allocation of places and to apply for student accommodation, go to the website of CROUS de Créteil.
In addition, admissions under certain agreements enable Université Sorbonne Paris Nord, thanks to its prior cooperation with the CROUS, to reserve a quota of places for students whose studies and timetable require that their accommodation be in close proximity to the place of their studies. Students must liaise with the Studies and University Life Office in order to put together an application that will be submitted for approval to CROUS.
Two new student halls of residence will be opened for the 2015 academic year: the Villetaneuse Campus student hall of residence (200 places) and the Bobigny Campus student hall of residence (340 places). Applications for these residence halls should be sent to the university’s Studies and University Life Office.
Student halls of residence of the CROUS de Créteil in Seine-Saint-Denis
• Epinay-sur-Seine Student Hall of Residence
• Marcel Pagnol Student Hall of Residence in Villetaneuse
• Campus Student Hall of Residence in Villetaneuse
• L’Hermitage Student Hall of Residence in Saint-Denis
• Guynemer Student Hall of Residence in Saint-Denis
• Eugène Pottier Student Hall of Residence in Saint-Denis
• Stains Student Hall of Residence
• Tour de l’Illustration in Bobigny
• Frida Kahlo Student Hall of Residence in Bobigny
• Campus Student Hall of Residence in Bobigny
• Pré-Saint-Gervais Student Hall of Residence
• Bondy Student Hall of Residence
There are five residence halls close to the campuses of Université Sorbonne Paris Nord:
• Marie Curie Student Hall of Residence in Saint-Denis
• Claude Levi-Strauss Student Hall of Residence in Saint-Denis Porte de Paris
• Pierre-Gilles de Gennes Student Hall of Residence in Epinay sur Seine
• Oméga Student Hall of Residence in La Courneuve
• Foch Student Hall of Residence in Argenteuil
Université Sorbonne Paris Nord has a quota of places from the local government for the Pierre-Gilles de Gennes residence hall. To apply for accommodation in this residence hall, contact the Studies and University Life Office.
Two residence halls will be opened in Seine-Saint-Denis for the beginning of the 2015 academic year in Aubervilliers and Raincy.
• Studea Basilique Student Hall of Residence in Saint-Denis
• Studea Student Hall of Residence in Pré Saint Gervais
Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris
Cité Internationale universitaire de Paris offers accommodation to Master’s and PhD students of universities in IÎle-de-France.
Houses that each represent a country take in students, researchers and artists accordingly. For example, the Italian House processes requests from Italian applicants, the Spanish College processes requests from Spanish applicants, etc.
The Admissions Office processes requests from students, researchers and artists whose institution and/or nationality are not represented by a house at the Cité internationale.
The association Ensemble2Générations is developing a mixed-generation accommodation concept that provides students with low-cost accommodation while also alleviating the solitude of senior citizens.
There are 3 forms of cohabitation, according to the student’s availability :
• Free accommodation in exchange for the presence evening and night (4 nights + 2 free / month weekend)
• Cheap Accommodation with- user fees in exchange for small services
• Housing with solidarity rent in exchange for spontaneous services ( with the possible aid)
To be consulted on the site www.ensemble2generations.fr
Contact Seine-Saint-Denis ensemble2Générations
Madame Elisabeth Grigorieff (Paris Est & Seine-Saint-Denis)
Telephone : + 33 (0) 6 16 85 66 94
Madame Catherine Garnier (Seine-Saint-Denis)
Telephone : + 33 (0) 7 84 44 27 41
ensemble2générations has offices in Paris and Ile de France and covers part of the province : Rennes/St. Malo/Dinard, Nantes, Bordeaux, Poitiers, Aix en Provence, Nice/Cannes, Lyon, Nancy, Reims, Compiègne, Amiens, Lille.
The university’s Accommodation Services can offer you a list of private accommodation.
Telephone : +33 (0)1 49 40 30 00
Fax : +33 (0)1 49 40 32 25
E-mail : " target="_blank" rel="noopener">
If you are renting accommodation in a residence hall of the CROUS or from a private landlord, you can claims various forms of aid depending on your situation. These requests must be made with the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (Family Benefits Office).
Financial aid for deposits and guarantees
• Avance loca-pass (a loan to finance deposits)
• Garantie loca-pass (a guarantee agreement)
• Garantie des risques locatifs (rental risk insurance)
• Caution locative étudiante (a state-backed guarantee for students)